Karns Law Group
free initial consultation
888-KARNS-LAW | 401-239-1085

Have you had a Slip and Fall in RI?

f you should slip and fall on a sidewalk or property owned by a city or town in Rhode Island, it is crucial that you contact a slip and fall attorney immediately after seeking medical treatment.

Under Rhode Island law, you have 60 days to notify the city or town in writing that you were injured on their property. Once that notice is filed you have 3 years to file suit for your personal injuries. However, should you fail to send notice to the city or town within 60 days you are forever barred from bringing a claim.

If you are involved in a slip and fall accident make sure to seek medical treatment right away for your injuries and tell your doctor what caused your fall. Your next phone call should be to a RI Personal Injury Attorney to assure that the proper steps are taken within the mandatory time limit. Karns Law Group offers free initial consultation and no fee unless we are successful in your claim. Contact us today in Providence at (401) 270-0023 and Middletown at (401) 841-5300 to protect your rights.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Request A Free Consultation Email Our Firm Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Our Offices

Providence Office
128 Dorrance Street
Suite 250
Providence, RI 02903

Phone: 401-239-1085
Map & Directions

Middletown Office
6 Valley Road
Middletown, RI 02842

Phone: 401-239-1085
Fax: 401-846-5999
Middletown Law Office Map